We are confident that we have already answered the majority of queries, so please read through the following questions and answers before contacting AMS Music Shop:
Q1: I purchased a book and have not yet received it?
A: Once you have purchased your book via credit card or Paypal, you have 2 options to access and download your book(s):
1. Once you have paid for a book(s) you will immediately receive an email with the link to download the book(s). If you have not yet received that email, please check for your spam/junk folder. If it is not in there, then it is likely you did not enter your email address correctly. In this instance, you will need to log into your account to download the book(s) - see 'point 2' below on how to do this.
2. Even though you may not have opened an account at the time of purchasing as you 'checked out as a guest', an account is automatically made for you. You will need to click on 'my account' at the top of the shop website, then click on 'forgot your password' and follow the steps to create a password you can remember. You will then be able to access the files from your account.
Please note: you will NOT be able to access your files if you create an account after you have purchased the books as it will be a different account email to the one automatically created at the time of purchase.
If you still cannot find or access your books and have tried ALL the above and below, then please contact Alison, but only as a last and final resort.
Q2: I can't download the files or open them for some reason?
A: Don't worry. we will always make sure everyone gets their music one way or another. That could mean emailing you the files directly and making sure you can open them, but please try these points below first BEFORE you contact Alison:
- If you are using a tablet and can't download them, try downloading to your computer/laptop first. You can transfer/email it to yourself from there if you want, then open the book(s) on your tablet.
- If you can't open a PDF, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader which is available for free here. ALL the files are checked frequently to see if they are working, so we know it is not a shop issue with the files.
- If you are having trouble opening a zipped file on Windows or a Mac, follow these steps found here.
- Please note that zipped files cannot be opened on an iPad - we don't know why, it's an Apple thing, sorry! Please refer to number 1 above to solve this issue.
If you have tried the above and nothing works and we can't figure anything else out, Alison will personally send you an email with the files in.
Q3: How are the files delivered once they are paid for?
A: Once payment has gone through, you will see a link to click on which will start the download. If you have navigated away from that page, the website automatically sends you an email with a link to download the PDFs and MP3s. Alternatively, you can access and download the book(s) from your account. If you cannot access your account for any reason, please refer to point 2 in Q1.
Please note: ALL books in this shop are 100% downloadable (ebooks) or digital products.
Q4: I purchased a book from you but you never emailed me my files. Where are they?
A: We did email them to you. Our website automatically sends you an email with a link to download the books. This happens immediately after your purchase. Please also check your spam folder. If it is not there, please log into your account as you can also download them from there. If you cannot access your account for any reason, please refer to point 2 in Q1.
Be sure to input your email address correctly - so many people don't and wonder where their files are!
Q5: I can't log into my account, please help!
A: Regardless of whether you opened up a shop account when purchasing a book, or checked out as a guest, our shop automatically sets up an account with you so you will always have access to your books. In order to access your account (if you did not actively open one yourself) then on the main shop website, go to the top of the page and click on 'My Account', 'login' or 'sign in'. Once there, click 'Forgot Your Password' and follow the steps to create one. You will now be able to log into your account at any time and download your books.
Q6: Will I receive hard copies of the PDF sheet music that I ordered?
A: No. Sorry, we have looked into this, but because Alison is totally self funding, the cost of having the books made into physical products to ship out all over the world, would literally double the price of each book! So at this time, we sell only 100% downloadable (ebooks) products.
Q7: Can I share or distribute the files that I purchased from you?
A: Sorry no. The files are yours alone so please don't share them. Alison works very long and hard at writing these books specifically for you; her YouTube subscribers and home/self learners, and uses the money made from those books to fund being able to have the time to write new books or towards new equipment and future projects!
Q8: What happens if the link to the book I have purchased has expired, do I have to buy more copies?
A: No. The links to download the books once purchased, are set to expire after 3 months. This is just to protect the copyright of the books. If you have lost your copy for whatever reason and the expiry date has passed, then please contact us via your account and Alison will personally email another copy(ies) to you.
Q9: Can you make some special adjustments of the sheet music for me?
A: Yes. If you are asking for a quick, minor change that can easily be done, there will be no charge.
If you would like Alison to make changes such as putting music into different keys or personalising the music to your requirements, then this can be done but for a small additional fee.