We are confident that we have already answered the majority of queries, so please read through the following questions and answers before contacting AMS Music Shop:
Q1: How do I actually download the books I have just paid for?
A: Once you have purchased your book via credit card or Paypal, you have 2 options to access and download your book(s):
1. Once you have paid for a book(s) you will immediately receive an email with the link to download the book(s).
If you have not yet received that email, please check for your spam/junk folder. If it is not in there, then it is likely you did not enter your email address correctly. In this instance, you will need to log into your account to download the book(s) - see 'point 2' below on how to do this.
2. To log in, you will need to click on 'sign in' at the top of the shop website. If you cannot remember your password or have forgotten it, click on 'forgot your password?' and follow the steps to create a password you can remember. You will then be able to access the files from your account.
The pictures below show you exactly where and how your download(s) will be in your account:
If you still cannot find or access your books and have tried ALL the above and below, then please contact Alison through your account, or via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q2: I can't download the files or open them for some reason? I'm having issues opening the zip files.
A: Don't worry. we will always make sure everyone gets their music one way or another. That could mean emailing you the files directly and making sure you can open them, but please try these points below first BEFORE you contact Alison:
- If you are using a tablet and can't download them, try downloading to your computer/laptop first. You can transfer/email it to yourself from there if you want, then open the book(s) on your tablet. Alternatively, you can transfer them to a cloud or online drive that you can then access on your phone/tablet.
- If you can't open a PDF, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader. ALL the files/books in the shop are checked frequently to see if they are working, so we know it is not a shop issue with the files.
- If you are having trouble opening a zipped file on Windows or a Mac, follow these steps found here.
- Please note that zipped files cannot be opened on an iPad - we don't know why, it's an Apple thing, sorry! Please refer to number 1 above to solve this issue.
If you have tried the above and nothing works and we can't figure anything else out, Alison will personally send you an email with the files in. Please contact her through your account, or via this email address: email@example.com
Q3: All my download attempts have expired. How do I get my book(s) now?
A: The links to download the books once purchased, are set to expire after around 8-10 download attempts.
Depending on the size of the package/books you have purchased, some of these files are bigger than others.
If you have slightly poor internet connection or your connection gets interrupted, your download may begin, then stop or fail.
Your computer/device automatically will try again to download the product, and this counts as an 'attempt'.
If this is the case for you, then please contact Alison through your account, or via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and she will personally email you the book(s).
If you have lost your copy for whatever reason and/or the number of downloads has expired, then please contact us as above, and we will email another copy(ies) to you.
Q4: How are the files delivered once they are paid for?
A: Once payment has gone through, you will see a link to click on which will start the download. If you have navigated away from that page, the website automatically sends you an email with a link to download the PDFs and MP3s. Alternatively, you can access and download the book(s) from your account. If you cannot access your account for any reason, please refer to point 2 in Q1.
Please note: ALL books in this shop are 100% downloadable (ebooks) or digital products.
Q5: I purchased a book from you but you never emailed me my files. Where are they?
A: We did email them to you. Our website automatically sends you an email with a link to download the books. This happens immediately after your purchase. Please also check your spam folder. If it is not there, please log into your account as you can also download them from there. If you cannot access your account for any reason, please refer to point 2 in Q1.
Be sure to input your email address correctly - so many people don't and wonder where their files are!
Q6: I can't log into my account, please help!
A: In order to access your account then on the main shop website, go to the top of the page and click on 'My Account', 'login' or 'sign in'. Once there, click 'Forgot Your Password' and follow the steps to create one. You will now be able to log into your account at any time and download your books.
Q7: Will I receive hard copies of the PDF sheet music that I ordered?
A: No. Sorry, we have looked into this, but because Alison is totally self funding, the cost of having the books made into physical products to ship out all over the world, would literally double the price of each book! So at this time, we sell only 100% downloadable (ebooks) products.
Q8: Why is the price showing higher than advertised?
A: All items/products in this shop are priced in USD. If you are in Australia or Canada for example, the price will look higher due to your countries exchange rate at the time. Rest assured you are not being charged anything 'extra'. Your bank will convert the price of the book(s) from USD to your countries currency.
Additionally, you may notice some price fluctuations - this will be due to the exchange rate at the time of purchase as this changes daily, and is not controlled by this shop.
If you head to the very top of the shops website, you will be able to change the currency to your local currency, so you have a better idea of the cost. Please remember, that the actual price charged on your credit card/PayPal may be a little different, due to constant fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Q9: Can I share or distribute the files that I purchased from you?
A: Sorry no. The files are yours alone so please don't share them. Alison works very long and hard at writing these books specifically for you; her YouTube subscribers and home/self learners, and uses the money made from those books to fund being able to have the time to write new books or towards new equipment and future projects!
Sharing the books breeches copyright where legal action may be taken.
Q10: How do I contact Alison? I can't find an email address or phone number?
A: You can contact Alison through your account, or via this email address: email@example.com.
Any questions NOT relating to your book/shop orders (such as violin techniques etc) will not be answered, as we are sure you can appreciate.
- If you purchased a book and have not yet received the download, please refer to Q1 and/or Q5 above.
- If you can't download or open your files/books for any reason, then please refer to Q2 above.
- If your download link(s) has expired, then please contact us through your account, or via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org for more copies (Q3).
- If you are unsure on how to contact Alison through your account, please see Q11 below:
Q11: How do I contact/message Alison through my account?
A: Once you are logged into your account click on the 'Messages' tab at the top.
You will see 'Orders', 'Messages', 'Addresses', 'Wish Lists', 'Recently Viewed' and 'Account Settings'. Click on the 'Messages' tab to begin a message to Alison through your account.
Please allow up to 24hrs for a response due to the time difference across the world.
If you are still experiencing or having ANY issues with the above, or getting your downloads, or anything else shop related, then please fill in this form and we will get back to you within 24hrs: